Friday, July 24, 2009

This just in...




Dear Reader,




Just a quick post to say, "How're you doing?"; "Oh, I'm fine, thank you"; "What's new with you?"; and "Guess what! Guess what! I just uploaded a story onto DA!"


There are times when one simply must express one's feelings, or one would inevitably suffer from an emotional meltdown. Fortunately, this is not one of those times. I just thought it would be nice to inform you, dear reader, that my career as a fledgling author has now officially begun. You know, just give you a little heads up before you see my face plastered all over buses and bookstore display windows and TV screens. What? A girl can dream, can't she?


Anyway, like I said, I have just uploaded my first story onto DA. A truly exciting experience, if you must know. I actually have a few short stories from my old essay-writing days, all archived and organized neatly in my little pen drive. The reason I held back uploading them for so long was because I was afraid. Afraid of story thieves. Art thieves are bad enough, but story thieves...they're the absolute worst! The little plagiarisers!


Although DA does provide some sort of copyright law and story licence thingy that protects your stuff from being stolen by unimaginative dumbies who can't even make up a decent story by themselves, so they resort to pilfering and pillaging other people's blood, sweat and tears and passing it off as their own--wait, what was I saying again? Oh, right, copyright blah-blah-blah. But I still wasn't fully convinced, and I wasn't about to risk all my hard work on something that I wasn't 100% sure of. And then, last night, I finally decided to stop living in fear. No guts, no glory. No pain, no gain. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. And so on and so forth.

Also, as an extra precaution, the story I submitted wasn't one of my best ones anyway. So, even if--God forbid--someone really does steal it, I won't be totally devastated. Severely annoyed, probably. Livid, perhaps. But not, like, in a homicidal fit of rage or anything.


Okay, I said this would be a quick post, so I should probably go now. See you later, dear reader. Til next time, I remain...







Yours,



Figgy the Fledgling
or Authoress-in-Training






P/S: Click this! You know you want to!


No comments:

Post a Comment